We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Saturday post


Greetings, my dear friends and happy Saturday to you all! Being that it is Veteran's Day today, I thought I would post a little something in their honor. My father served in the Army during the Korean War and Perry's father had served as well. 

I work with quite a few veteran's who have served in various branches of the military and yesterday, one of them handed out poppies which she handmade herself to all of us employees in honor of "Remembrance Day." ...



Each year, my High School Band would perform on our football field for what was called "Band Day" in which we would play and perform to "Stars and Stripes Forever" in honor of veterans. 



The other day, I came across some old (albeit not so technologically advanced at the time) footage of my 1983 Senior High School marching Band when we competed in the Festival of States Nationals in St. Petersburg, Florida. If you fast forward the video to the time of 1:20, you will see me marching with my twirling squad in the Festival of States yearly parade. Can you find me? LOL!!


4 comments:

  1. Love the parade tribute to yours and Perry's dad. Twirling squad looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video to have Kim...a beautiful keepsake.
    We have quite a few veterans in our family...including my hubby. I love when someone comes up to my husband and thanks him for his service to our country.
    You look adorable in your outfit...love those boots :)

    Big Hugs and Thank you to your family from our family~

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent post. Video is reminiscent of high school band days --your school's uniforms were much more presentable than ours (1960s) which my wife, then a marching flutist, suspected were donated from the Continental Army at Valley Forge. Thank you for this reminder and tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video Kim!! You look so cute in your outfit! A beautiful tribute!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete