We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

And so it goes ...



Happy Wednesday everyone! Well, as of this morning there has been a 'Winter Storm Warning' in effect for my area. They are predicting 4 to 8 inches of wet, heavy snow and we were told yesterday to work from home today ... although my fellow co-worker and I were forced to take one of our vacation days because even though the physical office is officially "closed" and we have laptops in order to work mobil, we do not have the type of job/duties in which we are able to do so.


.

Severe Weather Alerts - Reading, PA

  • Winter Storm Warning

    Winter Storm Warning in effect until Thursday, 3:00 AM EST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 11 to 15
inches, with localized amounts up to 18 inches, are expected.

* WHERE...Portions of northern and northwest New Jersey and east
central and southeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...Until 3 AM EST Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel will become very difficult to
impossible, including during the evening commute. Be prepared
for significant reductions in visibility at times. Snowfall
rates of nearly 2 inches an hour are expected at times from
around 11 AM to 7 PM. Heavy wet snow could result in widespread
power outages from breaking branches and possible trees
uprooting.

And so it begins ...
9:10 AM

Leo watching the "pretty white stuff" from the cat's room window


As well as being off work today, I also had to take two bereavement days as my father-in-law finally passed away at home last Saturday night. The funeral will be on Friday morning. The impending bad snow storm made it too risky to hold his funeral before then. And, last night we got a call from our vet (I am guessing that Haley's back and her ashes are ready for pick up) so I will call them back today and we will most likely get her sometime tomorrow as long as the weather cooperates. 

6 comments:

  1. Your storm is meandering its way up here. It's been snowing lightly since mid-morning. The ground is dusted and the streets are still wet. Himself's college closed at 1 pm and most of the area schools had a half day. We're in the same heavy snow belt of a foot or more of snow. And there's rumblings of another storm on Monday. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and warm my dear friend. Be extra careful...please!
    I am so sorry tp hear of your father-in-law's passing.
    My poor, sweet friend...you have been through so much!!!

    Stay Strong and Know that You are Loved xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are ok with the storm Kim! We are seeing it on t.v and it looks horrible! Please stay safe! I am so sorry about your father-in-law's passing!! Sending Big Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your "father-in-law" passing but, somehow I believe he's now at peace and very happy! Due to the storm delaying his funeral, I must say, I love a heavy snow storm or a raging thunderstorm though, for there's something about such storms that really excite me! On the other hand, though, I do hope the weather calms down so that you're able to do what needs to be done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about the passing of your father-in-law.
    I hope Spring arrives soon.
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete